Safety and Risk Engineer
Vanguard Risk and Safety Asia Pte. Ltd. Singapore Jan 2020
We are a Process Safety and Risk Management consultancy, an affiliate of the Vanguard Solutions Group of Companies, covering various territories predominately South-East Asia, Australia, Middle East, North/South Americas and Europe. We specialise in the provision of high quality safety engineering and risk management services, including Process Safety Studies, Risk Assessments, Safety Case Development, Reliability Engineering and Environmental Risk Management, to industries including oil and gas, petrochemical, defence, mining and public transport infrastructure.
We are also a partner and reseller of Sphera Solutions Software products specialising in Risk Assessment, Emission monitoring, Chemical Management, Hazardous Goods Management, Incident Management, Management of Change and Maintenance/Repair/Operations software.
Job Details and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Principal Consultant or the Consultant, you are responsible for day-to-day activities involved with Risk Management and Safety Engineering work aspects of the safety studies, risk assessments, Safety Cases and other deliverables required for the work execution including:
Contacting clients and collecting documentation.
Support by technical scribing during workshops and client meetings.
Working on assignments in close cooperation with Senior Engineer and/or Consultant.
Preparing reports and following up with clients.
Organising and sorting project files.
The job scope also covers our Sphera Software partnership activities including marketing, sales and customer support generally related to:
Engaging and searching for new clients and achieve sales revenue/targets.
Prepare and execute marketing activities for software products.
Coordinate pre-sales and post-sales follow up with clients.
Manage and maintain existing customer data base
Attend to customer enquiries and ensure customer satisfaction.
Maintaining technical knowledge by attending training/educational workshops/webinars.
Qualifications and Knowledge
• Minimum Bachelor Degree. Preferably Chemical Engineering, Oil and Gas, or similar field.
• Min 2-3 years of engineering experience.
• Performance driven with good communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
• Self-driven with ability to work partially independently under required level of supervision.
• Understand an applied engineering environment and what it entails.
• Possess the right attitude to succeed in end results delivery.
• 2 years renewable contract - 3 month probation period, conversion to contract depending on assessment
• Remuneration package: Basic + Performance based annual bonus. Allowances for telephone and other work related activities.
• In-house training for all Process Safety Risk Management, Safety Case, etc., as well as specific training with outside organisations subject to work requirements will be provided.
Interested applicants, kindly email your detailed resume: email@example.com